Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where's my meat!

Timeframe: Nov 15, 2008

Another interesting cultural note, this time about meat. Since I had been eating so many baguette sandwiches I thought I it would be easy (and cheaper) to try making one of my own.

So I headed to the local market and look at the meat. Here deli sliced meat is sold in square packages, that much I'd noticed already. What I hadn't noticed is the quantity within each package. Meat packages come in 3 sizes
  • 4 Pack
  • 2 Pack
  • Single Pack
Now, when I say 4 pack, I don't mean 4 packages of meat, I mean 4 SLICES of meat. That's right, they sell it by the slice! You can buy a package that contains one slice of ham if you want it. Quite amazing.

By the way, the sandwich ended up being really good. Although I used too much dijon mustard, which was spicy enough to clean out my sinuses.

No comments: