Monday, November 24, 2008

Brad in Paris!

Timeframe: Nov 22-23, 2008

Well I went and did it, I went to Paris. And although it cost a fair amount (roughly € 270 all told), and it snowed while I was in Versailles, I still think it was worth it.

Now, I have tons of pictures (I drained my camera battery twice over the weekend), but you all know how I hate putting up pictures (although I realize that's what everyone's here to see). So, I'm going to start with a small post -- with no pictures -- that gives a short overview of everything I did. That way I have a short list of everything I should upload pictures for write about. With Blogspot's picture import system smaller posts should make it easier to upload everything. I don't promise I'll put pictures up tonight though, but I'll force myself to make sure pictures (both from Paris and from Tours) are up before Friday (hopefully sooner).

So, here was my itinerary:
  • Take the TGV at 7:05 (silly incorrect schedule)
  • Take a € 5 subway ride (stops shouldn't have the same name if they're not in Paris)
  • Walk across the Seine to see Notre-Dame cathedral
  • Walk to the Louvre (I walked through every room in about 4 hours)
  • Walk the Champs Elysées (reminds me of a long Times Square)
  • Saw the Arc de Triomphe
  • Walk to the Tour Eiffel and take the elevator to the top (1.5 hours in line)
  • Hotel in the Latin Quarter (and I thought my apartment was tiny!)
  • Visit to Versailles (reminds me a lot of Newport RI, except for the SNOW!)
  • Nutmeg Staters on the metro trip home
  • TGV back to Rennes
So that's basically what I did. That means you can anticipate 11 Paris posts this week, including pictures. Who knew writing a blog was so much work? :)

No comments: