Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner & WoW at Jonathan's

Timeline: Wednesday Nov 5, 2008

Today we worked until 8 pm, but afterwords Jonathan (a fellow WoW player) was feeling bad about my not being able to get my game working at home so he let me come over to his house and use his internet. While I was there he was also nice enough to make me dinner.

We had spaghetti and Boudin Blanc (white boudin). Boudin is a kind of sausage (see photo) which tastes strangely sweet. Jonathan says Boudin Noir (or Boudin Rouge in Louisiana) is the one food he just cannot eat due to the blood that is added. The spaghetti was good, but nothing different from what we have in the states, but the sausage was definitely interesting. He simply seared the boudin blanc a bit in a frying pan, and the result was a soft meaty interior with the consistency of balogna -- but sweeter -- with a tough outer skin.

During dinner we were both playing WoW and I actually got my achievement for killing Ragnaros (MC Completion) even though I got DC-ed in the middle of the fight. The DC-fest continued! I tried to get into a BWL group afterwards but it was really too late (past 10:30 pm) to stay at Jonathan's. So I went back to the IRISA offices hoping to use their internet. Turns out that IRISA turns off their wifi at 11 pm so that no one comes along and abuses it. I figured I'd missed the BWL raid (and that my internet at home didn't work well enough to play) and stayed at work to do some more reading about radiometry. Once I got home I spent some time trying to log in and my friend in the BWL raid said they were at the end in case I wanted to join to get the achievement. I joined, got summoned, hid behind the throne, got DC-ed, got back online halfway through the fight while others were beating on the dragon, got DC-ed and only got back online after the fight was over. Turns out I got the achievement anyway. Hooray!

No comments: