Sunday, November 16, 2008

Domino's!

Timeframe: Nov 11, 2008

Well, after spending 6 or 8 hours helping Kevin re-calibrate the projectors (which apparently each cost as much as a Lamborghini) in the Virtual Reality Immersion room he decided we should order some pizza from his place.

It turns out that he has a small studio apartment too. It looks a lot like mine but there's a door separating the corridor (aka the kitchen) and the bedroom/living room. Yes, yes I'll get to a post that has pictures of my place, pictures are just not that much fun to put up on blogger. It's nice to know that I'm getting the same treatment as my other lab mates as far as living arrangements go. It makes me feel like I'm a real French student. Although, as Kevin says, it's not that everything in France is small, it's just that everything in the states is huge. Note: For some reason they gave Kevin a Dodge Charger as a rental car while he was in the states the first time, and a Ford Explorer the second time. So that's probably where he gets his ideas from :)

When we got to Kevin's place (which is only a 10 minute walk away) he showed me his favorite earphones along with some music that actually used the entire frequency range (I think it was called Dream Theatre). We also played Guitar Hero III on the computer. Unfortunately I remembered being good at Guitar Hero on the XBox at home and told Kevin so. Apparently the version on the computer is a lot harder (or has very different timing) because I wasn't very good at it. But, he did show me Guitar Hero on the Nintendo DS. That was really cool, almost cool enough to make me want to buy a machine just to play it.

For dinner we had Domino's pizza. It was pretty much the same as in the states, but their veggie pizza seemed to have more veggies than the ones in the states, but all the vegetables were cut much smaller. I think we got mediums, and they seemed medium sized, so their pizza apparently is the same size here :)

No comments: