Friday, November 7, 2008

Carrefour

Timeline: Tuesday Evening, Nov 4, 2008

Well it turns out that Rennes does have a Walmart! Although, apparently it's so rare they built a mall around it which only exists because Carrefour is there. Jonathan was going to do some shopping and offered to bring me along (since he has a car) so I could buy some of the things you wouldn't find at a normal Marche+ (shower soap holder, trash cans, trash bags, etc). Again they had no shopping bags, but my new garbage can worked well as a bag so it wasn't a problem.

One strange thing though, it turns out that I noticed my shower hanging thingee was missing a suction cup, but instead of letting me just run back and exchange it they made me pay for it and then I had to stand in another line (kind of like exchaning things a few days later). Once she saw the problem the lady just asked me to run back and get a new one. Another French oddity I guess.

Jonathan drove me home afterwards so I didn't have to carry all my stuff. Very nice of him.

No comments: