Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday in Tours

Timeframe: Nov 15, 2008

A short photographic journey of my two hours in Tours between conference sessions.


This is the park right beside the conference center. It was a nice little breath of nature in the middle of the city.



This is the hotel-de-ville which literally translates to village hotel, but it turns out that what it really means is town hall. You can't see it very well in this shot, but there's a roundabout around the garden as well.



Just a shot down a small city street in Tours.


This important looking building, with all it's fancy statues and flags, is the train station :) Pretty fancy hunh?


I wandered my way into a museum courtyard (although due to the fact it was Sunday and I was really supposed to be here for Church in a half hour I didn't go in to the museum itself) and they had this really cool looking tree outside.



The front of the Tours cathedral. Why must everything be under construction.


A beautiful gothic cathedral, here's the nave


and the apse


and a huge rosette window that's on the front of the cathedral.


and I finished it all off with a picture of the local opera house. I wonder why people don't put statuary on the outside of buildings anymore.


No comments: