Sunday, November 16, 2008

Church in Rennes

Timeframe: Nov 9, 2008

Well, after wandering down the street past both a motorcycle repair shop and a bar (both of which were places we had held church in Bulgaria) I found out that they actually have a chapel here in Rennes. And even though the website says that this ward starts at 10:50 am, it turns out that's just the time Sacrament starts. So it looks like Church is going to be my earliest appointment every week as I don't usually get to work until 10 am.

It's also nice to reaffirm that the church is basically the same every where you go. This week was the Primary's turn to do sacrament meeting, it was very cute to see all the little kids giving talks and singing in French.

It was a good thing I came this week because I found out that next week is Stake Conference.
So if I hadn't come this week I would have been totally lost as to why there was a church building at the right place, but no one there, even on a Sunday. We're going to be taking a bus to Tours (another city 3 hours away). Apparently, there might not be any empty spots on the bus, but if that ends up being the case someone will take their car and I can go in that. Unfortunately, that means I have to get up at 5:30 am to shower and walk 25 minutes to church to be there for the 6:30 am bus time.

No comments: