Thursday, November 27, 2008

Le Champs Elysées et L'Arc de Triomphe

Timeframe: Nov 22, 2008

After leaving the Louvre I walked west to find the Champs Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. Unfortunately, both were much further away (a whole map book page) than I had originally anticpated, so it was starting to get dark by the time I got there.


This is the Arc, if you look closely you can even see the people standing underneath it. They were holding some sort of remembrance celebration for veterans. It's not Veteran's Day (they do celebrate it here, but it's on the 11th like everywhere else), so I don't know why today was special.



And here's a shot of the Champs Elysées. Think Times Square, fewer lights and longer, but fairly similar.


A nice parting shot of the Arc as I walked my way towards the Eiffel Tower.

No comments: