Thursday, November 27, 2008

Le Quartier Latin

Timeframe: Nov 22, 2008

Well, after taking a normal priced metro ride back to Notre-Dame, I started looking for my hotel in the Latin Quarter. At 9 o'clock at night it was quite an active place. Lots of bars and restaurants, with even some people break dancing in the streets (no pictures, battery is dead, remember?) I thought perhaps that I'd come back out after I had recharged my camera battery, but I was too wiped (ie after falling asleep I didn't wake up until 4 am, and had forgotten to plug in my camera charger anyway).

Well after following the same street in circles multiple times, I finally found my hotel in the small crevice between a university and the Seine. They had a really cool elevator (no picture, dead battery) that was mostly metal. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed for safety reasons in the states. I was on the 7th floor and actually had a view of Notre-Dame from my window.

The room was nice, but tiny (the shower was probably 12"-16" square, I could barely turn around). But after a long day of walking, I didn't care as long as I could sleep.

No comments: